Jazz Standards - Vote Now!

One of my all time favourites is Lover Man

1 Like

@Charles_Hill , @angel , @Yves

Thanks for these suggestions… we will certainly cover all of these tunes.

I’ll add them again here for quick reference:

• Let’s Face The Music & Dance
  • Charles Aznavour’s “She” ( Elvis Costello)
  • You Are So Beautiful (Joe Cocker)
  • Lover Man

I’d estimate that within the next month or so, we will be finishing up the table above. We can then add all of the other suggestions in this thread into a new poll, or multiple polls based on style… ballad - uptempo - waltz - latin etc…

We also have more teachers joining us shortly and so I envisage that we will greatly speed up the time from lesson request to the lesson being published.

Unrelated note Charles… my full name is Hayden Charles Hill … so we share a very similar name.

Cheers!

1 Like

Ditto ie unrelated note… My wife Jay always refers to you as ‘cousin Hayden’ …

1 Like

haha that’s brilliant :grin:

Love this tune! Thank you kindly.

Nice if we had this as a lesson in Eb

Thanks

//A

1 Like

Hi Andrew… thanks for the suggestion… it’s a great tune and we can certainly cover it.

We will be working through all requests in this thread.

Cheers.

I’d love to see more lessons on up tempo tunes like:

• What is this Thing Called Love?
  • Four
  • How High the Moon
  • Tenor Madness

Bossa tune requests:

• Song for My Father
  • Manha de Carnaval

Thx,
Scott

2 Likes

Brilliant thanks Scott… we can definitely cover all of those tunes.

Anything that is posted in this thread, I will ensure that it is covered.

I will be posting 4 new lessons later today:

• Body & Soul for singing pianists/accompanying pianists - 2-part lesson now available in Lyndol’s course.

• Waltz For Debby - Bill Evans most famous composition

• Naima - Coltrane’s modal ballad - perhaps the most well known modal ballad

• You Must Believe In Spring - beatuful tune by Michel Legrand.

@michael48889 - we recently published Naima… you can find the lesson here with full lesson transcription.

https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/naima-solo-piano-tutorial/

Thanks for this great tune suggestion - Tuomo gives us a brilliant insight into modal music and how to arrange this for solo piano.

Jazz Standard Lesson Update…

All of the lessons in the voting table have been recorded and we will soon be creating a new table with all the suggestions in this thread.

It’s funny, 3 months ago we did not have any footage backlog. Now we have 10’s of videos, in the editing/publishing stage. Of course, we must maintain the attention-to-detail of all videos, and lesson page elements, which is partly what is causing the backlog.

Previously I have done all of this myself, but now it is simply not possible time-wise :sweat_smile:. Luckily we have a very talented jazz guitarist - Hugh - who is helping with the newly increased editing workload. The processes are now in place to push out new lessons and courses quicker than ever.

Onwards and upwards :rocket:

Cheers!

Angel Eyes great for minor blues scales improv

2 Likes

Great suggestion Peter… we will get this tune schedule in.

Can you do a lesson on Night in Tunisia? I like the other teachers Hayden, but I still prefer your lessons. Have a great day!

2 Likes

Yes I certainly can make a tutorial on that tune Adam.

I just arrived in Seattle a few hours ago. I’m here until the 12 November and have lots of free time to make new lessons over the next 2 weeks.

Hayden,

I know I offered this tune a few months back, but I’m resubmitting as it may have gotten lost through the cracks: “When Sunny Gets Blue”

thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

We will soon be launching a new table and I will definitely include that tune.

All of the standards in the table above have been recorded, I’ll get them added to the site asap so we can create a new voting table.

I was actually playing around with the tune “When Sunny Gets Blue” and I will be teaching that lesson myself.

I did a very beginner-focused lesson on “Just Friends” which is still in the editing stage, and the other remaining ones in the table at the top of this thread have been covered by Tuomo.

I’m excited to get the new table published for upcoming standards.

More to follow shortly.

1 Like

How about moonriver?

3 Likes

Yes certainly a tune we can cover Ivan… great suggestion!

1 Like