The Piano Music of Hermeto Pascoal

Hello folks,
I am offering a new online class on Zoom on the Piano Music of the legendary Hermeto Pascoal, my musical mentor.
A deeper exploration of the piano music of one of the greatest musicians the world has ever heard. In these two Zoom sessions, I will be your guide through a unique approach to the instrument, as created intuitively by Brazilian musical wizard Hermeto Pascoal.

I have been been studying and performing the music of Hermeto since 1977, and I am the primary archivist of all of my mentor’s music. In this class I will focus on Hermeto’s technical and conceptual tools applied to the piano.

We’ll listen to a lot of Hermeto’s piano music from records and unreleased live performances, look at scores and explore the technical tools created by Hermeto. This class is tailored for piano students of all levels, and for those who appreciate what the piano can do. The tools discussed will be shared with all participants.

The class will take place in two live Zoom sessions: Saturday, September 24 and Saturday, October 1, both from 10AM to 12PM (Pacific). Both sessions will be recorded and archived, and all participants will be able to access the archived material.
Let me know if you have any questions about this offering!
Thanks,
Jovino Santos Neto

4 Likes