Spotify vs Apple Music

Hi All, I’m an Apple Music user but it seems like most people use Spotify. I see some amazing Jazz and blues compilations that the community has gathered using Spotify. Is there a way to access these lists thru Apple Music?
Best
Eric

Hi Eric,

I see there are some 3rd party tools for this, please see this google search: import spotify playlist to apple music - Google Search - however I have no experience with these tools so I cannot endorse their service.

One approach would to be manually copy and paste the song names from the Spotify playlist web page into your Apple music search box, however this could be quite laborious if you are dealing with a large playlist.

For most of the tune-specific playlists that I share on PianoGroove, they contain 10 or 20 songs max, and so it wouldn’t be too much work to manually copy and paste the song names.

Also, if you search Google for “Spotify Free Trial” - I see that a 3-month free trial is available in my region. You could test the Spotify service and/or use the 3rd party tools above during the free trial period.

I’m not very familiar with Apple Music, but I highly recommend Spotify for its ease-of-use and the ability to save playlists to one’s account and then reorder/remove/add songs to taste.

@enhowland

I was all Apple Music at first, but if you can afford it, subscribing to Spotify really makes things easier. (Spotify has its own issues about artist payment, but for us mere users its worth it.)

1 Like

I agree - since I started using Spotify I never looked back.

It makes it super easy to organise my music and find what I’m looking for without having to dig around too much.