Share Your Music, Recordings, & Performances đŸŽ”

You are fun and hilarious Megan. Good writing

1 Like

I love how your piano comping is so simple and because of timing and touch is so effective to go with your vocals.

1 Like

Hi Celia,

Thank you so much!

I have a website,

And my albums are all available to be streamed on my site, and there are some video clips there as well. I’ve got some of these more recent ones from the living room on my Instagram page, and that’s all linked from my website as well.

I"m so glad you’re enjoying them. I wasn’t sure whether to share them here or not, and I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

And, I TOTALLY encourage your own expression!

I can recommend The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron - it’s a wonderful book that has helped me a lot along the way.

Cheers!
Megan

1 Like

Thanks Lori!

Yes, I often start out trying to do more on the piano, but when I get a song ready I listen back to a recording, and ask ‘how does this go?’ ‘what do I want to hear next’, and more often than not I take AWAY things.

I used to sort of get into trouble about it - I did a degree in jazz piano, but my preference is for a very very simple style of playing, and really my own songs, with this super simple harmony, and I had many comments from various teachers amounting to 'that’s IT? that’s all you’ve done?" ‘this just isn’t hard enough’!

But the truth is, this is how I hear things. Very, very simply.

It’s what I arrive at, over and over and over again.

Anyway, thank you so much for writing - as I just said to Celia I wasn’t sure it was ok to post my tunes in this style, but it is for sure who I am and how I play and it’s really kind of you to reach out and be so welcoming.

Thank you!
Megan

Thanks for sharing your website! I look forward to exploring it! You are a very talented lady and a great addition to our community.

1 Like

Thanks for the link Megan. “Let It Come” is so very nice!

1 Like

Oh Celia thank you so much! I’m so glad to be here!

Thank you very much Scott. It’s so kind of you to check out the music and to write. Thank you.

@LoriNelson i find this version of Falling in grace (Steve Swallow) really lovely , can resist sharing it with you

1 Like

wow impressive love your touch of the piano,and this big reverb is a nice choise for this ballad Thanks sharing it

Coolll singing and comping !! So joyceful :heart_eyes: :champagne:!! thanks and welcome Megan !!

PS i begin discovering some of your lovely songs 
 its a really world itself a myriad of sounds and mood beautiful work ! thanks Megan sharing it.

1 Like

Ye @TactfulCactus this sound lovely and this rubato is such tasteful for this ballad; you keep greatly the flow even you make some fluence in tempo it sound even more interesting to me Lovely Bravo!

This part of the forum is growing richer so beautifully ! COoooOOLL :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Oh John you really got the groove with those big voicing, its so cooll :+1: :+1: :+1:! I am a big fan of Jaco too . And discover his piano playing with Toots last year , it is so inspiring too . This three view of a secret is a beautiful song

I cant wait hearing your solo on it ! Keep this great job !

1 Like

Nice find Pierrot! :musical_keyboard:

You got the stuff Megan! Thanks for posting this!

1 Like

Thanks for your notes all!! A little ditty to sing along to while mixing this weekend!

2 Likes

Tkx @Pierrot - Cheers,

J

I have been working on TIME and TEMPO (to the point of stepping away from the piano for a few days to focus on clapping / metronome exercises
 so here is a new tune Imjust learned this week. Cole Porter Everything I Love. Still need to relax into the progression and get comfortable enuff to solo on it
 I felt encouraged after this one
https://youtu.be/d4hVncqTUTs
Cole Porter. Everything I Love

4 Likes

Nice job Lori!

Looks like you guys are making the most of confinement and shedding through the tunes.

Sounding awesome :star_struck:

Lori,

This is nice! At least you guys have a few things to enjoy during the quarantine. :sunglasses:

1 Like