Share Your Music, Recordings, & Performances šŸŽµ

Sounding great Christian! Nice job :clap:

When playing this tune solo piano, I often play it quite freely by pulling and pushing on the time in certain places. I find this can help to carry it forward and add more interest and dynamics to the repeating sections.

It can also be nice to play the melody in different registers of the piano. For example, playing the first A Section in the higher registers can create an interesting effect. Something to experiment with.

I recently made a tutorial on Minor Key Introductions using ā€œMy Funny Valentineā€ as an example. Check out the tutorial here which I think you will find interesting:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hey Tactful :cactus:,

Nicely done, especially for a ā€œfirst ever recordingā€! Thanks for sharing. Iā€™ve been trying to figure out how best to try my hand at recording as well. You mentioned that it sounds a little too grimā€“itā€™s not grim, but I know what you mean with playing it a bit slow. Iā€™ve thought the same thing.

1 Like

Good stuff Tactful. Nice solid tempo as well. Keep up the good work! And thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! :smile: Itā€™s definitely a confidence booster to know that Iā€™m on the right track and that people enjoyed my playing ā€“ I couldnā€™t imagine that a year ago.

Looking forward to developing my toolset and recording more as things improve ā€“ stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sophisticated Lady. This song has been a difficult one to internalize. I almost gave up on it. It will be nice eventually to play it without thought.
https://youtu.be/m_tsxan7XBw

5 Likes

Another great performance Adam. I know I continue to say it, but you have the most beautiful touch on the piano. I am glad you did not give up on the song!

1 Like

Thank you Celia. I appreciate it.

Hello All!

I hope everyoneā€™s ready for Motherā€™s Day!!!

Enjoy! (haha!)

Megan

2 Likes

Nice job @adam_powell - a pleasure to listen to! :star_struck:

I agree with Celia and itā€™s awesome to see you developing as jazz musician. Congrats!

1 Like

Great performance @meganjerome - love your musical storytelling :grin:

Cheers and Happy Mothers Day!

2 Likes

Meganā€¦what a hoot! You brought a big smile to my face! Thank you! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Very nice indeed, Adam. Thanks! And keep sharing. :musical_keyboard:

2 Likes

Nice Adam - thanks for sharing!

Cheers

2 Likes

Thank YOU Celia! Iā€™m so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks!!

Hi Megan

What a laughā€¦you made my dayā€¦truly wicked! You should call the tune ā€œHootersā€ :smile:

Cheers

Paul

2 Likes

Thanks Paul!!

Itā€™s called Great Big Woggly Boobs!

Cheers!

Megan

A tune called Cake Tray, which I wrote after taking a Solo Contemporary Dance Creation Workshop, of all things, where I made a solo dance piece about foodā€¦

Anyway, Iā€™m having a great time cooking, eating, dancing around the kitchen, playing piano and posting my tunes.

I hope youā€™re all enjoying yourselves!

Cheers,
Megan

5 Likes

You are something Megan! What a joy!!! Have you done theater? You are so talented and have a great personality!

1 Like

Oh isnā€™t that nice?! Thank you so much Celia!

Iā€™ve done some theatrical dance-theatre type shows for sure - as an accompanist to dancer-friends.

And in Ottawa I do perform shows of my own songs, and like to book concert type venues where I can talk to the audience between songs.

But I havenā€™t done theatre school or training, no - do you do that kind of thing?

Goodness No! I canā€™t sing a lick. I just try to prod along with my piano and do not have the nerve to play in front of anyone. I even freeze when my husband comes into the room.

I could tell that you have done some professional work. You are a breath of fresh air in these trying times. Thank you for your postings! I hope you do more! If you have any links to your concerts, please post them. You are so much fun. :grinning:

1 Like