I’m planning out the next batch of “5 Minute Masterclass” Lessons with our team of teachers, and I wondered what topics we want to learn next.
@natasha0412 @adam_powell @yuezhou1580188 @anon84688975 @lonnie1277456 @smole - I know you guys/girls have been enjoying the Masterclass lessons from reading your comments on the masterclass lesson pages - I’d love to hear your ideas and topic suggestions to make these lessons even better.
Here’s an overview of what we have covered so far:
- Inner Voice Movement Tricks: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/adding-inner-voice-movement/
- Slick Dominant Passing Chords: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/slick-dominant-passing-chords/
- Question & Answer Technique: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/questions-answer-call-response/
I have a few ideas for my next ones, but I also want to know your ideas and topic requests. Let me know and I will feed your ideas into my lesson planning.
- Blues Walking Basslines: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/walking-basslines-revealed/
- Diminished Patterns For Improv: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/diminished-patterns-licks-improvisation/
- Solo Piano Introductions: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/solo-piano-introductions-tips-tricks/
- Advanced So What Voicings: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/advanced-so-what-chord-voicings/
- Barry Harris Voicings: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/barry-harris-voicings/
There are an additional 6 masterclass lessons by Tuomo which are in the editing stages… these will be available shortly.
- Brazilian Samba Groove: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/samba-comping-tutorial/
- 251 Diminished Applications: https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/useful-diminished-trick-for-any-251/
Check out Jovino’s upcoming Masterclass topics here - some very interesting concepts being covered by Jovino shortly.
What topics do you want to learn in 5 minutes?
I have 2 weeks of time late this month/early next, to work on my own masterclass lessons, and so tell me what topics you would like to see me explain and I will add them to my schedule.
@Lyndol is also working on some vocal-inspired masterclass lessons. If you have any particular areas just let Lyndol or myself know and we will be sure to cover them in her upcoming 5 Minute Masterclasses.
All suggestions will be considered. I will ensure that the topics are taught by the most suitable member of our teaching team to create the best jazz piano tutorials available online.