Jazz Appreciation Month (JAM) Celebrations 🎉

Hey PianoGroovers :wave:

Jazz Appreciation Month (fondly known as JAM) takes place every April to recognize and celebrate the extraordinary history and heritage of jazz music.

What Is The Purpose Of JAM?

JAM encourages people of all ages to participate in jazz and highlights the importance of jazz as one of America’s earliest art forms. JAM is celebrated globally by schools, organizations, and governments by providing free concerts and educational events.

Learn more about JAM here:

How PianoGroove is Participating in JAM

For the month of April we are hosting our live seminars on YouTube. Here are the links to the YouTube pages:

The initial stream of the seminars will be public on YouTube for everyone to watch. The recordings of the streams will just be available on the PianoGroove website for our registered students with the light-up keyboard, slow down controls, chapters etc…

2 JAM Themed Prize Draws

In addition to our live seminars on YouTube, we are hosting 2 JAM themed prize draws with lots of great prizes up for grabs.

1:1 Lesson Bundle Giveaway

This giveaway is just for our registered students. Each Friday in April from 4/8 to 4/29, we are giving away a free bundle of three x 1:1 Zoom teaching sessions with our team of teachers.

• All students with an active PianoGroove subscription are entered into the draw for this giveaway so there’s nothing you need to do on your side.

• The first winner will be announced here in the community area this Friday 8th April, and then each subsequent Friday throughout the month.

• The winners can choose which teachers they would like the 3 lessons with, and I will do my best to make it happen. For sure myself, Tuomo, and Jovino will be available.

JAM Prize Draw Giveaway

We are also hosting a prize draw giveaway that is open to everyone. There are 18 prizes in total up for grabs which are:

• 3 x Annual memberships to PianoGroove

• 5 x 1 month memberships to PianoGroove

• 10 x Access to a single course of your choice

The 18 winners will be selected at random and announced on the 30th April which marks International Jazz Day 2023.

If you already have a PianoGroove subscription and you are one of the winners, your subscription will be extended accordingly.

To enter this competition simply follow the instructions on our Jazz Appreciation Month page where all of the above information can also be found:

I hope everyone will join PianoGroove in celebrating Jazz Appreciation Month by tuning in to our live streams, and spreading the word of JAM and our live events hosted on YouTube.

If anyone has any questions let me know, and good luck in the JAM prize draws!

3 Likes

Hey everyone :wave:

Chosen at random, the first winner of the 1:1 lesson pack, is @araya - congratulations Araya!

There are 3 more 1:1 lesson pack prize draws each Friday in April. The winners will be announced on 4/15, 4/22, and 4/29.

Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Congrats to @jonathan1363687 - the second winner of our JAM prize draw.

In other news, Jovino’s JAM seminar is now on the website with light-up keyboard and chapters:

1 Like