Ghost notes: Stride's poor cousins

Hi @Hayden

I found one of those jewel moments (there are so many!) between minutes 7:25 and 7:55 of this lesson:

Basically, you advance the notion that Ghost notes, like Stride, help keep the pulse of the song more explicit and, perhaps more importantly, raise interest in the performance by filling gaps during static moments in melody and harmony.

I know you have Ghost notes in almost every beginner’s lesson where you play jazz ballads. I already took notice of that and have been emulating it in several of the standards I am learning. So my question to you is: do you have any extra pointers to give me on the topic of Ghost notes…perhaps some additional practical considerations that come to mind now that I zoomed into this aspect? (I couldn’t find much in the forum when searching for ghost notes.)

I am all ears! Thanks much as always!