Advantages of living near NYC

I’ve been meaning to share this with the community here for awhile. On December 17th I had the pleasure of seeing The Bill Charlap Trio at a club called the Jazz Forum in Tarrytown NY. It’s just north of the city. Club holds 90 people and was sold out. What a treat! My wife and I sat at the bar maybe 30 Ft away from the Steinway B piano they have there and even closer to the drummer Kenny Washington. Bassist Peter Washington stood between. No need to talk too much about those guys as their resumes speak for themselves Suffice to say they lived up to them.Talk about swinging. Wow. I was very impressed with how tight the band was but did expect it. Bill Charlap. OMG. Smoking. They have Jazz there every weekend. To bad I’m going to South Carolina next week for a couple of months but when I get back with be a frequent flyer there, along with Smalls, The Iridium, Vanguard, Blue Note. Etc
On a side note 5 days after that show I came down with bad Flu. Ruined Christmas (spent in Bed) and am just now getting to where I can practice again but I’m still coughing and awfully tired. How to practice while sick? Maybe need a new topic just for that.
Thanks
Frank

2 Likes

Hope you feel better soon Frank. Thanks for sharing the gift of seeing Live Music in NYC. Living near San Francisco, we frequent SFJAZZ which is a great venue. The Joe Henderson Lab seats 200 while the Robert Miner Auditorium has 555 seats. I am hoping that Jovino Santo Neto Trio will perform here sometime.
Happy New Year ! :fireworks:

1 Like