Who and where are my fellow PianoGroovers?

Is there anywhere on the site where we can see who our fellow PianoGroovers are and where they are located? Might be very interesting.

2 Likes

interesting! Wendy - did you mean a social site (ex. FB) for PianoGroove where it has only the PianoGroove members in it? :heart_eyes:

I hadn’t gotten that far, but maybe… All I had in mind was that since there seems to be a huge variety of people (different ages, different occupations, different countries, different piano experience,) it might be nice to know who our fellow Groovers are.

1 Like

Hey Wendy
Most people introduce themselves there https://community.pianogroove.com/t/introduce-yourself-to-the-pianogroove-community age country occupation is often well described not ?

Youd like a more specifig topic ? Tell us a bit more
Probably a map with location could be done ?

Lets see .
Pierre

Good idea Pierre, be interesting to see the coverage - I’m sure that would be relatively easy to extract from the registered members.

Paul

My thought was if and when someone makes a comment on a post, it would be nice to be able to know a little more about that person.
A map would be very interesting.
Until you posted the link, I didn’t know the “Introduce Yourself to the Pianogroove Community” listings were available in one place on the community board. That’s good, but I was thinking about something more concise; maybe just each person’s initial listing without all the replies and lesson suggestions.
Maybe this is all more trouble than it’s worth. Just an idea…

Hello Wendy
To know a bit more on one fellow Pianogroover you can click on his icon mine is “P” then click again on the “P” which appear, and now you have a bunch of what he does. In the tab activity you can see all previous post he wrote and his first "introduce yourself " you probably will see in which country he lives and more about his life.
Hope it helps
Take care

Hey Paul
Ye think would be quite easy , and we will be able to add each new members on the map with their permission. We will wait what Hayden think about it .

Nice idea @natasha0412 - we certainly create some kind of map.

To create a map of forum users, I imagine this could be done with the “Location” field in everyone’s forum profile. As @Pierrot mentioned if you click onto someones face or initials, it shows extra information, here is mine for example and notice the location field:

Using that information, it could be cool to program an interface that lights up with location of the user, perhaps when they are active in the forum, or have been active recently, but it would rely on everyone’s profile being filled out.

The forum software we use is open source - (discourse.org) - and there a very active development community creating all sorts of plugins and add-ons for custom things like this. I’ll ask our developers if they know of anything.

and for anyone who is interested we have students from the following countries:

• United States
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • India
  • Japan
  • Russia
  • Brazil
  • Israel
  • Thailand
  • Hong Kong
  • Taiwan
  • China
  • Mexico
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • New Zealand
  • Romania
  • Turkey
  • Costa Rica
  • Morocco
  • Andorra
  • Chile
  • Korea
  • Singapore
  • South Africa
  • Albania
  • Indonesia
  • Martinique

and most countries in Europe:

• United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Italy
  • Belgium
  • Switzerland
  • Austria
  • Spain
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Netherlands
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Portugal
  • Greece
  • Luxembourg
  • Latvia
2 Likes

Wow Hayden…truly global - that’s a real achievement for everyone involved in the community and PianoGroove as a whole…fantastic. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Fantastic Hayden, well done on reaching so many students, great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! That’s amazing.

1 Like

What a great achievement!!! So proud of PianoGroove and it’s founder Hayden! We are the fortunate recipients of that great vision.

1 Like