What are the best Christmas jazz albums?

I’m looking for new Christmas jazz albums to listen to this season.

What’s your suggestion?

2 Likes

Hey @baptisteArno :wave:

Great idea for a thread on this topic!

Here are 2 of my favourite Christmas jazz albums:

Beegie Adair’s Christmas Playlist on Spotify:

This playlist if a mixture of solo piano and trio recordings by Beegie Adair and her trio.

We have covered the style of Beegie Adair quite extensively on the the PianoGroove website. Here are 6 hours of seminars which explore her solo piano arrangements if you want to learn more about her solo piano technique.

Simon Mulligan - “Christmas At Steinway Hall” - Solo Piano

This is a pianist I can across somewhat recently and I like his solo piano arrangements of standards and also his Xmas tune album. This album contains just solo piano recordings of some of the most well known Xmas songs and many that we have covered here on the PIanoGroove website.

I look forward to seeing the favourite Xmas jazz albums of our other students.

Enjoy the links above!

4 Likes

For something different, try Bugge Wesseltoft’s albums “It’s Snowing On My Piano”, and “Everybody Loves Angels”…

I like this album.

Do we even have to mention Vince Guaraldi?

3 Likes

Only one song but a very good one.

1 Like

Cesar Camargo Mariano, a Brazilian pianist with a trajectory of more than 60 years, has a new Christmas album, Christmas Memories (2022). He interprets some of the standards as well as offering some originals. Track 9, “Feliz Natal,” is nice. All in all a great Christmas listen.

1 Like

Here are a couple more festive albums:

Eddie Higgins Trio - Christmas Songs:

Oscar Peterson - An Oscar Peterson Christmas:

3 Likes

Great suggestions from everyone and I thought I would recommend three albums from one of my favorite acapella groups led by Mark Kibble:

Great Albums Hayden. Thanks. Found above playlist on Spotify.

1 Like

Check out this by Jamie Cullum. It’s really beautiful!

1 Like

This Charlie Brown live interpretation by the Eric Byrd Trio is just amazing:

https://open.spotify.com/album/1lvIuMKl2woOUlaoEMkTwD?si=zLjQd-OcTW6Gn-K8xo57WA