Upcoming Ballad Tutorials - Cast Your Votes Now!

Hey Wendy :wave:

Yes we will try our best to honour all requests in this thread. Thanks for posting them.

We have a couple of new courses being published shortly and then I’ll be working on some new standard arrangements.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi yah! Not sure if “Waltz for Debbie” was already requested/ suggested :blush:
Just in case… would love that tune too! Thanks very much in advance!

Hi Kristeta,

You can find Waltz for Debbie in the list of jazz standards - advanced section at the bottom of the list. A great tune!

2 Likes

Yay! Really?! thats great to know! Thanks very much Paul! Sure will be pinned on the piano bench again with these amazing lessons! :blush: Hope you are well!

Great Key change song. Please consider: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnlPtaPxXfc

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:t2:

Here’s my latest jazz ballad tutorial on the tune “In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning”:

This has been added to our course on “Unusual Chords & Voicings”

The Arrangement

Here’s a performance of the arrangement:

https://vimeo.com/452665007/94450d785f/

And here’s a few of my favourite versions of the tune:

Oscar Peterson Trio - In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning

George Shearing Trio - In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning

Gene Harris: In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning (Live At Maybeck Recital Hall)

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Ravenscroft 275 Virtual Piano

Yay :heart:beautifully played! Hayden - Stunning performance once again! - you never cease to amaze us with your arrangements ! Love it.

Wish to ask … :blush: if we can please add “All the Way” on the list of tutorial lessons, transcriptions etc … (only if possible) And thanks so much in advance! :relaxed: Take care.

1 Like

Thanks Hayden–a nice arrangement well-played! And another lovely tune to add to our to-do list! Keep at it.

2 Likes

This is one of my all time favorites. Listen to Frank Sinatra sing it and take in the words of heartbreak and yearning. Hayden’s version brought tears to my eyes. It is absolutely beautiful. Hayden, every time I think you can’t surpass your last ballad arrangement, you do. Thank you so very much!!!

1 Like

This would be a nice tune to consider as a tutorial as its right up Hayden’s style of playing…