Share Your Music, Recordings, & Performances šŸŽµ

Greg - Wow,ā€¦
my jaw dropped :heart_eyes: That was beautiful!! and so tastefully arranged!

Itā€™s one of my favourites since hearing it first time here on PianoGroove and somedayyyy hope to be able to play this superb and lovely song!

1 Like

Scott :heart_eyes: this is amazing! love the power of that melody - and the emotion it creates when listened toā€¦ Brilliant work!

Thanks for listening, Kristeta!

1 Like

Thanks, Kristeta. And welcome back!

2 Likes

@Gregb :star_struck: :star_struck: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :star_struck: :star_struck: All those both recordings are jewel wow Professional sound the touch the feel the groove the ideas the harmonisation ā€¦ what Else ? i will say iā€™m amazed ! You have now to get a new regular job in a jazz club, really and record a CD.

the only reverse of the medal it will be hard to post anything after those amazing performances ā€¦ no no :rofl: (we just donā€™t play in the same court) you are really blessed thanks so much sharing this.

2 Likes

Thanks, Pierre, thatā€™s very kind, especially because Iā€™m a student like everyone else! I enjoy listening to tracks from others on this thread and look forward to hearing (and sharing) more.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
I want to share a moment of a little performance I did here where I live.
I used to do this overnight before pandemic and now it was the first time after 15 months.
The good thing is that during this time I followed PIANOGROOVE and I donā€™t know if ti reflects on my latest performance but I know that I have a complete different vision fo music and a very good one thanks to the professionalism of this website.
Excuse a couple of mistakes, I was very nervous :blush:

7 Likes

I truly enjoyed that, Fabrizio! Thanks for sharing. Good to hear that youā€™ve been able to apply the things youā€™ve learned here to your own music. I bet youā€™re glad to be back performing again.

Thanks Scott,
Yes, Iā€™m very glad and I hope it will go back to when I was playing every nightā€¦
But I also like very much learning so I will always make some time for that

What a coincidence - talking with Tuomo before the impro class this morning on whatā€™s going on where we are, where we live etc - in my case this is near Watford UK - Watford Football Club would not be where it now but for the input of Elton John.
This is a wonderful performance of Your Song - itā€™s not easy to play piano and sing at the same time - oodles of feeling and expertise.
Obrigado Fabrizio
Richard

Thanks Richard,
You are very kind and encouraging!
Fabrizio

Fabrizioā€¦that was wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I sure hope can start performing nightly!

Hello Celia,
Thanks for the kind words!
I hope to start again too within late October :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Excellent, @fabrizio. I really enjoyed listening.

Thank you George,
Iā€™m very flattered and happy for the fact that musicians like yourself liked it.
This is very motivating!

1 Like

Still trying to figure out Logic. Iā€™ve found itā€™s great to use as a scratch pad for sections that Iā€™m working on. As an example, here are the introduction and the ending of ā€œCorcovado.ā€ The intro is based on what I transcribed from a video of Helio Alves. The ending, after the tune ends, is from something I was fooling around with on one of my late night sessions. Maybe not much, but sort of interesting. Enjoy. :musical_keyboard:

3 Likes

Lovely voicings Scott!

ā€œCorcovadoā€ is one of my favourite tunes from the Brazilian repertoire.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Hayden! Jovinoā€™s various Live Seminars on voicings are extremely useful. Theyā€™re worth revisiting from time to time. I learned a lot from his idea of non-redundant voicings.

That was great, Scott! I think your ā€œscratch padā€ ending is very complementary to Alvesā€™ intro. I especially like the voice leading in the bass around 15-20 sec in going to the A7. In fact if itā€™s not too much trouble could you share the score? I canā€™t quite hear whatā€™s going on just before the Em7b5.

Thanks Greg! I got the music from https://www.jobim.org/. I believe itā€™s an arrangement by his son Paolo.

Corcovado-Transcription (1) copy.pdf (30.1 KB)

1 Like