Share Your Music, Recordings, & Performances šŸŽµ

Eugene,

I just saw your backing tracks. Thanks for sharing! Theyā€™ll give us something else to add to our practice routines. :musical_keyboard:

2 Likes

Sure thing! I hope you find them useful!

1 Like

Wow! Thanks very much @eugene! Love reading the details and am sure many others will benefit from the conversations too! Recently I have had a bit of struggle with time for the keys and this time around, I am more prepared and focused on the things that I really like to learn. PianoGroove, our amazing instructors are my BIG-time inspirations along with the members in here.

You have motivated me with your response and so very happy for your achievements too! Indeed having a supportive family around you really does help, I do agree :blush:

Thank you for the enlightening details! Itā€™s the start of 2021 and I donā€™t want to miss out on the wonderful and superb lessons here :heart: Initially I LOVE the BLUES, with no understanding why hahaā€¦ am just soooo glad I am learning so much from this site.

Please do keep us posted, we love listening to your improvs!
and Yay HUGE thanks for the tracks you shared with us! yipeeeee :grin:

1 Like

Spent this weekend recording a few songs (such a learning tool to see how far I have come and what there ALWAYS is yet to work on. Iā€™ve improved my TIMEā€¦ which is critical. Most importantly HAVING FUN!!!

https://youtu.be/fTZi5aTLmcA. Bluesette

6 Likes

https://youtu.be/AGIxH5g2T2I Moonglow

6 Likes

Sounding great @LoriNelson :clap: - thanks for sharing and hope you and Kirk are keeping well!

1 Like

Nice interpretation. Cool! :sunglasses:

Lori,

You guys are sounding great! I was wondering what youā€™d been up to. Please keep sharing.

1 Like

Hi @LoriNelson I love this tune! (Bluesette) Your improvisation around 0:45 to 1:10 is where it really starts to take off. I know how hard it is to leave the ā€œsafetyā€ of the melody and leap off into the unknown but ISTM that thatā€™s where the real action and pleasure in jazz is to be found. Thanks for posting!

Really lovely playing @LoriNelson and you much improve :partying_face: :partying_face: :beers: :beers: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: Yeah !! as said Kirk at the end of bluesette !!!

thanks Pierrot, I can feel the difference in my playing this year, Kirk helped me with one of the very most important things TIME !!! laying back and not pushing that beat; but being able to grab a new tune and work out the left hand rootless voicings on the chords that came from Pianogroove, thanks Hayden!!!

Eugene, somehow I missed this when you put it up! Nice blues solo! All that practice is paying off!

1 Like

Thanks George. Iā€™m spending more time on improv these days. I realized that having a good command of the left hand, specifically being able to play shells without thinking, is one of the key aspects of playing cohesive solos.

1 Like

Really enjoyed MoonGlow - @LoriNelson
love the sound of the upright bass too
GReat Duo :purple_heart: Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Nice done !!!
Dont know if you record yourself with a metronome or not . but you keep time going really steady bravo . You seems playing more as a comping with lot of rootless and theres really missing the bass line often . It sound really as if you have record yourself hearing a backtrack that were missing in the recording you share . But really great tempo keeping and nice solo. Maybe some pedaling could have help giving a more complete sound . Maybe adding some reverb in the recording will be a good idea, the sound is really dry. But really impressive version ,with so much chord voicings going with such ease and keeping the groove ā€¦ :+1: :+1: :ok_hand: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :champagne: :1st_place_medal:

Yeah about hearing our recording often a bit hard , be kind with yourself great job

Thanks for sharing !!

1 Like

I had a fun jam session with a clarinet player and rhythm guitar player, I got two decent videos out of it. my last two piano lessons were focused on comping and the use of upper structures (on the minor chords I have stack of 4ths in LH off the root with RH major triad off the b3, and on major chords the stack of 4ths is off the maj 3 with RH major triad off the V. ) I got some compliments from my piano teacher on the comping and note /phrase choices, my solos are still not swinging as much as they someday will,
but here we are:

https://vimeo.com/544237226/68f5410a21 In your Own Sweet Way

https://vimeo.com/544142085/be7be7b76d Iā€™ll Close my eyes

thanks to you all for being a piano family to each other and to me !!
if you want a lead sheet on these let me know. fun tunes

3 Likes

Loriā€¦those are awesome! I listened with my eyes closed and tapped with my foot. Both were so relaxing. Great job!

1 Like

Cool Lori !! thanks to share ā€¦ always so sweet to share music

the only things that bother me was the exposure of the theme on both tune , the clarinet dont interplay in a good way with your melody . It kill the sweetness of those melodies . I would rather have more pleasure to hear you or him playing the melody alone , or interplaying in a much more musical way . But you are begining your trio so great to hear you together anyway , and after the theme the songs are really cool . Bravo !!!

Thanks for sharing your voicing work. stacks 4 sound modern and interesting '" So what sound"

1 Like

Good to see you back, Lori and to hear what great progress youā€™re making in your playing. Some nice tunes.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thought I would share this little vid: I hired this local gypsy jazz swing band ā€œRanger & the Rearrangersā€ to play at a garden party in my back yard, about 28 vaccinated neighbors came. I got to sit in and play four tunes with them (Bluesette, Iā€™ll close my eyes, In Your Own Sweet way, and Triste). It was super fun, only got one video.
This is Triste, There are some odd random contrary sounds, between me & the guitar. :crazy_face: ā€œaudienceā€ was all mingling and chatting, so no stress.

https://vimeo.com/556723898/a810585a83

3 Likes