Share Your Music, Recordings, & Performances 🎵

Hi everyone,
for me it is a real pleasure to share with you feelings and ideas about the progress we are making in this course. This morning I wanted to ask the teacher for assistance and to have an opinion on a take included in his educational program. So he invited me to share it with all of you, with the idea that even a simple listening, could arouse a greater stimulus and improve our goals, thanks

32 Likes

Thanks for sharing Luciano… you play the tune very tastefully.

I’m sure others will enjoy listening to your rendition, just as much as I did.

I’m happy to hear your progress with the course! :star_struck:

Cheers!

2 Likes

My favourite tune played brilliantly… How long have you been taking lessons?

4 Likes

Very light and expressive touch. I certainly recognized our lesson / arrangement, but I hear some personal touches. Makes me want to re-visit that song, I forgot about it. Thanks for being brave and sharing.

1 Like

Thank You Hayden for sharing this lovely tune. This one has a Brazillian twist on it.

11 Likes

Yes beautifully played by Luciano!

It’s wonderful to hear those extra embellishments that really bring the arrangement to life!

That’s awesome Adam… I like how you capture the subtle nuances of Latin soloing.

An interesting tune to play with a latin feel too!

Your recording makes me want to experiment with a bossa feel of Misty … that will have to wait until tomorrow :smile:

1 Like

Thank you kind sir. I was trying to let the beat dictate where the notes fell. My attempt at playing the same song I play ALL the time a different way. I really do love your website. Thanks again. . .

1 Like

That’s precisely what I love about jazz… there’s so much freedom for interpretation and expression!

And glad you’re enjoying the site.

Yesterday I recorded a tutorial on the ballad “SkyLark”, here’s the arrangement:

I recorded this lesson in front of Tuomo - our latest teacher - and he is excited to get started on his own jazz standard lessons for PianoGroove.

His course on “Advanced Improv Concepts” has been recorded and we’re finalising the editing stage… more to be announced shortly.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Course: Advanced Improvisation Concepts

That ending was bananas. Thanks for sharing.

Hi, Hayden and folks

The holiday season is just around the corner. It is the special time of year.
It’s also a time to enjoy Christmas songs. So, I picked ‘Blue Christmas’ for myself.
A beautiful tune. I wish that everybody in this community will have a wonderful
holiday !

Here is the transcripton with chord analysis. Thank you.

6 Likes

Beautiful recording @toshihiro859997 - thanks for sharing this.

We have some new Christmas songs in the pipeline… I will share my own recording/performances here too.

Our vocal expert Lyndol is also making some ‘sing-a-long’ Christmas tutorials which can be performed solo, or with friends and family.

Wishing you a very happy Christmas too Toshihiro :santa:

Cheers!
Hayden

ps. you transcriptions do not seem to be appearing. Not sure what has happened.

We can either drag and drop .jpg files into this window, or alternatively. we can upload as a PDF using this icon:

very nice. thank you for sharing this with us and inspiring us!

1 Like

So very nice!!! Thanks for sharing. I love that song! You did a great job!

1 Like

I’ve just been listening again Toshihiro - I really like your use of grace notes and chromaticism… it’s very tastefully played and captures that cool jazz/cocktail style beautifully :clap:

Hayden,

Thank you for watching my performace.

I have successfuly dragged the 2-page transcription over to the window.

Will you tell me how I can access to those new Christmas songs ?

Thank you.

1 Like

I am very happy that you like my arrangement, Lori. Thank you.

My pleasure, Celia. Yes, it’s a great tune sung by Elvis Presley. Thank you.