Real pro software question

Hi All,
I’ve never used a music software for playing or practice. Currently I have an acoustic piano. Is Real pro useful even if I’m not playing a digital? I use an iPad sometimes to read charts.

Speaking of digital pianos, any thoughts on Yamaha over other brands? I may shift to digital but would want to be able to integrate software, Wi-Fi/bluetooth and other helpful advantages maybe even a little recording ability. Useful options without lots of bells and whistles. This is mostly for home use.

Thanks

Eric
PS: The last electric piano I had was a Fender Rhodes 73 suitcase piano in the 1970’s when i did play gigs so I’m way out of the loop with the latest options.
Wish I’d kept might be worth something now.

Do you mean iRealPro? If so, I think it’s very helpful. It runs on android or iOS and has thousands of simple chord charts (no melodies) that can be played as backing tracks.

(There’s ~1400 jazz standards that are easy to download; I think every gigging jazz pianist (and many that don’t gig) have and use it all the time, not so much for backing tracks but as a more compact and efficient (albeit less complete) alternative to the Real Books.

Personally I use iRealPro 90% for chord charts when playing with a group in a jam session; I rarely use the backing tracks.

Hope this helps.

Greg

1 Like