PIerre practice routine in video, challenges

Song for my Father - very entertaining! first time for me to hear it - Great video! Pierre :slight_smile:

1 Like

trying getting back on the road of organised practicing

this week :

• chromatic scale slow tempo with metronome (each beat and maybe on 2-4)
    half note triplet eighth note and combining those rhythm
  • independance both hands; 1625 metro 2-4 very simple bass line root
    and right hand comping and simple impro
  • one song : a lovely ballad named Beatrice

lets see

1 Like

Hi Pierrot

finally found your thread :blush:
am still learning to navigate the site and will sometimes find myself lost :grin:

really liked your version of “Foolish heart” - beautifully played and in one of the parts - there was a melody that sounded like one of Barbra Streisand songs :blush: probably had something to do with the progression used -

really enjoyed watching and listening to this… very nice feel too!

Also watched your Song for my father - Great rendition! love the grooves there -

you looked confident performing these songs - looking forward to more playing from you. Hope you and your family are well. Take care.

Thanks Kristeta for your kind words…

ye long time not posting … I am still looking how to better improve on my 3 instruments (doublebass, electric bass and keyboard). I was pretty confident to have find my routine … and life comes in to put all down … not best period those days for me but i keep playing quite a lot … and music is always a big help.

1 Like

Very nice! Double bass! I’ve always wanted to learn it but yeah I fully understand that little pressure on the practice - when playing multiple instruments. I’ve abandoned my violin for more than a year now as due to focusing on other stuff too! Looking forward to your next vids :smiley: Hope you and your family are doing well. Take care.

A new song that i love so much … cant resist just putting my first steps with it

the melody need to be clearer some more groove for this waltz bossa needed too … i will try to keep it enough time to remember it … and to have more freedom with this beautiful melody and groove.

my first rubato song … Hayden who master this style will probably able to give me tips and ideas …

2 Likes

Very nice Pierrot! What is the song, by the way? Kicking in a bossa beat would be interesting. I’ve alway been a fan of Latin music and have recently started looking into Afro-Caribe tunes and fiddling around a bit with montunos. So much to learn and so little time.

1 Like

Love it, nice job Pierre!

Is it an original composition?

I like Scott’s idea to play over a relaxed bossa beat… I think that would add a nice dimension to the groove.

Lovely voicings and harmony.

Cheers,
Hayden

hello and thanks for your support

Oops not mention it is the beautiful Luiza from Antonio Carlos Jobim

I notice thats jazz waltz can be turn to bossa rhythm with often a great result… for this one id like to keep it so …in bossa rhythm it cuts the beauty of it for some reason … but thats just my personal feel.

1 Like

Pierre,

Thanks for the title. Tom Jobim has been a favorite of mine since I first came across him in the 70’s. I think the first tune I fell in love with was “Ligia.”

1 Like

beautifully played Pierre! and really like the piano register/voice you used too! brilliant idea from Scott :blush: more please! :clap:

Next song to be shared

a swing blues basic and efficient MMmm seems so easy and mellow as honey
when hearing it )

so transcribing is done need to get the feel … i write it to stay on it

so first step repeat the melody singing it and play it over over i am on it

1 Like

Very Pink Pantherish chords! I love the driving rhythm. If you’re willing to share your transcription I’d love a copy.

2 Likes

Wow… oohh super nice :heart_eyes: love it ! Pierre :blush:

1 Like

dont really happy with it, but lets put it as a first attempt

PS you can see i put my beautiful hat to get in the mood :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Pierre… sounding awesome! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Love it! I like your ending too. You definitely put your own stamp on it.

1 Like

Pierre,

That’s a fine first attempt! And your hat certainly sets the mood. That’s a nice tune.

Thanks so much for sharing. One of these days, I’m going to figure out recording and will share some of my stuff (which all sounds like “first attempts”). :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very nice, Pierre!

I listened again to the John Wright’s version and I think your chords are perfect. If I can make a suggestion, the blues/swing/soul feel of your version is a little different from the original recording; not sure if that’s deliberate or not.

Did you also record the backing track? Nice job!

P.S. Love the hat.

2 Likes

i done the backing track, my self on doublebass and some loops of drums. The blues feeling different about the melody exposure , about the rhythm section ?

my goal wasnt really to get exact same feeling , more to approach a bit this slow lush cool feel . but i agree not exact same feel.

ill be really glad @gregb if you can expose your own version of it and maybe try to more replicate more his feell … if you wanna the backT i can share it for sure.