January Live Seminars 🍿 Topics & Add To Calendar

Hi PianoGroovers :wave:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and I’d like to wish all of our students and teachers a Happy New Year into 2022.

In January we have 5 exciting live seminars planned covering jazz, blues, funk, and Brazilian styles. Check out the topics below and add the events of interest to your calendar apps.

We also have a new Foundations Bootcamp starting shortly and registration is now open.

To make sure you know exactly when the live seminars are starting:

• Add each event to your calendar app to see the start time on your timezone
  • You will then be notified 1 hour before the seminar starts
  • Tune in 5 minutes before to join the live chat and say hi to the teacher/host
  • The countdown is always on your timezone
  • I will also send out individual seminar reminders throughout the month

Monday 3rd January - Foundations Bootcamp w/ Tuomo (duration approx 4 weeks)

Visit the Classroom section and click “Join Classroom” on the Foundations Bootcamp. This classroom program will last for approximately 4 weeks. The weekly Zoom session and homework assignments cover the foundations of jazz piano so that all participants have a clear path of progression on their jazz piano journey.

Friday 7th January @ 12pm EST - Voicings: For Beginners & Beyond w/ Hayden

Add this seminar to your calendar app:

Apple Google Office 365 Outlook Outlook.com Yahoo

Thursday 20th January @ 12pm EST - Blues & Funk Workshop w/ Jon

Wednesday 19th January @ 12pm EST - Exercises To Improve Rhythm w/ Jovino

Wednesday 26th January @ 12pm EST - “But Beautiful” Beegie Adair w/ Hayden

Monday 31st January @ 12pm EST - Bossa Nova For Beginners w/ Jovino

If anyone has any suggestions for upcoming seminar topics… don’t hesitate to let me know and we will honour all topic and tune request where possible.

See you in the live events! :popcorn: :sunglasses:

Yea!!! More Beegie…can’t wait!

1 Like

PDF Handout for “Voicings: Beginners & Beyond”

Thanks to everyone who tuned into the voicings seminar on Friday - it was a fun session.

I have created this PDF handout which references the lesson URLs for all of the drills and exercises that were covered in the seminar:

Chapters have also been added to the seminar page to easily navigate the different sections of the video:

Blues & Funk Seminar Date Change

Jon’s Blues & Funk Seminar has been moved from this Thursday (13th January) to the following week (Thursday 20th January).

If you have already added this to your calendar, you can update to the 20th here:

Thanks to everyone who has registered and submitted their questions. I will send an email notification out to you folks later today to let you know of the date change.

1 Like

January Seminar Notations

Hey all :wave:

There have been a number of requests this month for additional notation/PDF handouts from January’s seminars:

• The Rhythmic Exercises presented in Jovino’s Rhythm seminar.
  • Transcription of Beegie Adair’s Voicings.

Just to let everyone know these PDF are on my to-do-list. It’s been a busy month tech-wise with classroom improvements and testing Jon’s live stream setup but I will notate and add these PDFs to the seminar pages ASAP.

Chapters & Light Up Keyboards

The chapters have now been added to my seminar on Beegie Adair and I have also layered in the light up keyboard on Jon’s Blues Workshop.

2 Likes