How long would it take to Complete All courses?

I know its a silly question and highly subjective.

But just for fun, how long would it take to complete All Piano Groove?

Lets assume the Student is an intermediate or at least have some experience playing the piano and knows basic Music Theory. (Knows the notes, triads, some chord progressions, some scales, how to read basic music, etc)

Absolute beginners will need to add another extra one or two years I guess.

1 Like

That’s a big question!

I’m just a beginner but it seems to me many of the courses introduce concepts which need to be studied and practised, and so they serve as almost an introduction to that concept with some examples of application. So, years and years and years, getting better all the time with practise!

2 Likes

15 years, 3 months, 12 days and 3 hours :wink:

I hope that one day, I’ll have the correct level when I’ll be at the nursing home to make a good impression on ladies… and maybe have some more cakes if I play well…
… to be the jazzy star of the nursing home))

6 Likes

I’ am trying to come to terms with the realization that piano is a lifetime journey… that nourishes my soul but tortures my brain (and ego)…:joy:

2 Likes

Hi Thomas :wave:

Interesting question.

Last time we counted (around July time) there were 233 jazz lessons, 21 blues lessons, and 42 Brazilian lessons.

The total run time of the above lessons was 74 hours, 2 minutes, and 6 seconds.

There have been many more lessons and courses added since then, but we would need roughly 3 days to watch each video one after another without a break.

To absorb the concepts and ideas in each lesson:

I would estimate it would take 1 to 3 years for a student with previous piano experience to work through the courses and to understand the theoretical underpinnings of the concepts and ideas covered.

To master the concepts and ideas in each lesson:

To master the concepts covered, I feel it’s very difficult/impossible to answer that question.

There are too many variables involved.

I think @LoriNelson answers the question beautifully:

That’s the way I see my own journey with jazz.

I just try to get a little better each day and slowly but surely I am reaching my goals and aspirations.

Hope this helps! :grinning:

1 Like

Kudos to Hayden for creating this massive library of lesson and tools!!
Amazing!

2 Likes