šŸ—³ Cast Your Votes!.... "Guest Live Seminar" Topics & Genres

I would love to learn the stylings of
Brian McKnight.

Probably too difficult for 1 seminar and thereā€™s overlap with what is taught here but Broadway / Musical Theater pianists have always had a skillset that I respect.

1 Like

Great suggestion @ajotech - we can definitely cover this style in an upcoming seminar.

1 Like

Excellent!
I watched Mr. McKnight play these jazzy chords at a winery right before COVID hit and the women in the crowd were going CRAZY!
It was amazing.
They wouldnā€™t stop screaming lol:)

Yes I can imagine @ajotech - he plays some beautiful voicings!

Decemberā€™s seminars have already been scheduled, but I will ensure we cover something like this in the new year.

@TimD - Jonā€™s first live seminar is scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm EST, you can find the listing here:

I will send out an email later today and please send me any questions you may have and that will help Jon to understand the things that you are looking to learn.

The live seminar will be without the light-up keyboard, but I will generate this afterwards and add to the archived version.

The plan moving forwards is for Jon to host a monthly seminar on blues and funk piano so lots more to come too.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

We had a technical issue yesterday and so Jonā€™s live stream has been rescheduled for Saturday at 1pm EST.

Thanks for your understanding on the date and time change! The seminar will take place on the same page:

1. SWING(Big Band tunes).
    2.Movie themes, ā€œEasy Listeningā€ (ā€¦& the Jazz connection: i.e: John Barry,Burt Bacharach, Henry Mancini, Lalo Schifrinā€¦etc)
    e.g: ā€˜Exodusā€™, ā€˜Alfieā€™ themeā€™s : Duke Pearson Trio - Exodus - YouTube
    Alfie's Theme - YouTube
2 Likes