Video Playback Issues

Hey!

I was attempting to watch a lesson today but for some reason the audio button under the video playback won’t let me enable the sound. I noticed this has been happening on both the seminars and the lessons (Zoom classrooms work fine but that’s because they don’t have the audio disabled by default). I tried closing and reopening the browser, restarting my device (mobile phone), and clearing the browser cache but the issue persists. This only started happening today as yesterday I was watching videos with zero issues. Wondering if there an issue with the website or if I need to troubleshoot further. Any help or info is appreciated. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Disregard. it’s working again :grin:

Hey!

I was attempting to watch a lesson today but for some reason the audio button under the video playback won’t let me enable the sound. I noticed this has been happening on both the seminars and the lessons (Zoom classrooms work fine but that’s because they don’t have the audio disabled by default). I tried closing and reopening the browser, restarting my device (mobile phone), and clearing the browser cache but the issue persists. This only started happening today as yesterday I was watching videos with zero issues. Wondering if there an issue with the website or if I need to troubleshoot further. Any help or info is appreciated. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Disregard. it’s working again :grin:

Thanks for letting me know about this @jose2 - there have been a few recent updates on the video player which will have resolved the bugs.

The chapter labels have also been added into the video progress bar on both lesson and seminar pages, see the screenshots below.

Currently the lesson pages are just showing 5 and not 6 chapters, but this will be fixed today.

1 Like

Thank you. Appreciate for the prompt response.

Hi @noreen - I have sent you an email to investigate this further. Cheers, Hayden

days of wine and roses, embraceable you, when I fall in love, just friends,
the ab loop is not showing. I checked a few other lessons, and the AB loop does show and work.

I started a couple days ago.

Thanks for letting me know about this @ben

We recently changed the video hosting and storage, and it seems the A/B option was disabled on some videos.

This is now fixed on the lessons you mention - links below.

If you spot this on any other tutorials just let me know and I will fix it. :sunglasses:

Hi @Hayden

It seems the Jazz standards here: Arranging For Solo Jazz Piano | PianoGroove.com (except Pure Imagination) are missing the AB feature

Thanks for letting me know about this John - it has now been fixed.

We recently changed the video hosting and the A/B loop and speed controls were not carried over to around 210 videos. The developer has now fixed this across the whole site.

Enjoy the lessons!

1 Like

Hi, not sure if it’s just me but I’m trying to catch up on some of Tuomo’s classrooms in archives, solo piano, improvisation, voicings and the lesson recordings are coming up with ‘video does not exist’. Any suggestions? Thanks

• List item
1 Like

I’ve seen that in a few of his earlier classroom videos as well

Thanks for letting me know about this, we recently changed video hosting and it seems that these URLs need updating. Leave it with me and I will fix the embeds asap.

1 Like

Hi @ian and @jose2 - thanks again for bringing this to my attention. We changed our video hosting recently and I’m sorry to say these videos were not copied across and they have been unintentionally deleted. It’s completely my fault and I apologise if you guys were studying these archived classes.

The good news is that Tuomo will be hosting an extra Zoom class each month from July (in total 3 zoom classes per month) and we have planned to cover the same topics as the earlier classroom programs.

The new Zoom classes will also have the improved visual quality and layout; as many of the older classes did not have the split screen layout.

Again my apologies for this and I will clean up the posts in the Archive section to remove the black “not found” video embeds. I will leave the threads/posts there as they contain useful information such as recordings, submissions, and discussion.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into that Hayden! No worries and much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks Hayden for investigating. I’ll be sure to check out Tuomo’s classes in July.

1 Like